Apple iPhone 12 Pro: Overview
Apple announced the Apple iPhone 12 Pro in October 2020. The latest product from Apple, features iOS 14.1, quad camera system, 6GB of RAM, and more. The phone flaunts elegance in Silver, Graphite, Gold, and Pacific Blue. Let us jump into the details.
The Pro has a beautifully constructed body with dimensions of 146.7 x 71.5 x 7.4 mm. It supports Dual SIM (nano‑SIM and eSIM). It weighs about 187 grams with the stainless steel frame. The phone has Gorilla Glass on the front and the back. The device is IP68 dust/water resistant (up to 6m for 30 mins).
The display system has a 6.1 inches super Retina XDR OLED capacitive touchscreen, which supports millions of color depth. You can almost not feel the bezels with an 86.0% screen-to-body ratio. There is 1170 x 2532 pixels resolution on the display system with an aspect ratio of 19.5:9. You will enjoy the 460 PPI density.
The display has a Scratch-resistant glass, oleophobic coating. Apple advertises 1200 nits max brightness and Wide color gamut. 60Hz touch-sensing with a Dolby Vision and HDR10 support makes a great display feature.
Apple iPhone 12 Pro operates on an iOS 14.1. Apple A14 Bionic (5 nm) chipset and Hexa-core CPU go well with Apple GPU (4-core graphics). You will get 128/256/512GB of NVMe storage with 6GB RAM for your files and applications. The internal storage is not expandable with a dedicated card slot. [12 Pro Max]
The phone has a quad-camera system that includes 12 MP wide, 12 MP ultrawide, 12 MP telephoto, and a TOF 3D cameras. You can shoot up to 4K videos up to 60 fps with the rear camera system. The videos will get Stereo support in the sound records. You also get a 12 MP ad and SL 3D on the front camera with HDR support. The camera can shoot up to 4K videos at 60 fps with gyro-EIS support.
Battery & Sound:
The device has a Non-removable built‑in rechargeable lithium‑ion battery battery. The battery system supports MagSafe wireless charging up to 15W. It also supports Qi wireless charging up to 7.5W, and Fast Charging with a 20W adapter or higher. Apple advertises 50% charge in 30 minutes.
There are loudspeakers on the phone but do have stereo support. You get high-quality sound output but do not get a 3.5 mm jack port for external sound devices
- 6.1-inch Super Retina XDR display
- Ceramic Shield, tougher than any smartphone glass
- 5G for superfast downloads and high-quality streaming
- A14 Bionic, the fastest chip ever in a smartphone
- Pro camera system with 12-megapixel Ultra Wide, Wide and Telephoto cameras; 4× optical zoom range; Night mode; Deep Fusion; Smart HDR 3; Apple ProRAW5; and 4K Dolby Vision HDR recording
- LiDAR Scanner for improved AR experiences and Night mode portraits
- 12-megapixel TrueDepth front camera with Night mode and 4K Dolby Vision HDR recording
- Industry-leading IP68 water resistance
- Supports MagSafe accessories for easy attachment and faster wireless charging
- iOS 14 with redesigned widgets on the Home Screen, the all-new App Library, App Clips and more